background

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Samuel's Blessing

Last Sunday, March 3, 2013, we blessed our sweet Samuel. A baby's blessing is one of my favorite moments of being a mom. For me, watching my husband place his hands on our new child and with the holy priesthood give our child a name and a blessing, is one of life's sweetest moments. How thankful I am to be married to a man that lives his life in a way that he is always worthy and able to give our children priesthood blessings. One of my favorite things Bryan said was, "you are blessed to be part of a very large family that loves you." Sitting in that chapel with my parents, 5 sisters, 3 brother-in-laws, 7 nephews, 6 nieces, 1 great niece and 1 great nephew, plus my other 2 children, I kept thinking how true that statement was. I love Texas. I love Texas weather. I love southern hospitality. I love that random people at a grocery store will tell me God has blessed me when they see me with 3 children. I love Texas pride. I love rodeos and cowboys. But my favorite thing about Texas is being so close to my family. I am so thankful my husband was inspired to bring us here. I never thought he would leave Colorado and I married him believing I would die in Colorado. It has been amazing for our little family and I have loved every second of being with my extended family too.  We are so excited to have Samuel in our family. I'm excited to see how he impacts our family and adds to the dynamics within our family. He is adorable and we love him!!
Samuel Jeffrey Turnage

Some of my favorite men!
Seth, Matthew, Dad, Bryan, John, Ray (we're missing Phil)

Our sweet Samuel

Some of my amazing sisters. 
Christine, Maggie, me, Mom, Liz, Melanie
(Joanna left before the pictures were taken, and Cathy was there in spirit!) I just have to say I have the best sisters in the world...and my kids are the luckiest to have 6 amazing Aunts. They each are so thoughtful, kind, generous, and loving to my children. They make them and me feel special! So thankful for each of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment