background

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

SJT



How fast the weeks are flying by! My sweet little baby is already 6 weeks old and over 11 lbs! That's huge for one of my babies. I have loved having a little chubby baby. There is so much of him to kiss and cuddle!!!

The past 3 weeks have been a bit hard. Samuel is colicky and the crying doesn't seem to ever end. Never having had a colicky baby I didn't understand other moms that talked about it. Now...I understand. Holy cow. I keep telling myself we are all ok. My other two have adjusted the fastest to it. They just go about their day and can completely ignore the fact that Samuel has been crying for 4 solid hours. However, Bryan and I are both ready to snap.  In the evenings, Bryan tries to help out and take a turn with Samuel.  It's so frustrating that nothing we do seems to help. The slight relief we have had is with the Canadian Teddy's gripe water. A friend of mine offered it to me as a hope and at certain times it totally helps. Other times, not so much. But I will take any help at any time! 

He's sleeping better.  Last night he went to sleep a little after 8:30 and slept till 2:30!! You better believe my little eyes were shut slightly after 9! I just keep telling myself that he can scream all day if he'll let me sleep at night. At first, he never screamed during the day, just from 8-midnight! I'll take the day screaming over the night screaming anytime!

Bryan's parents are coming into town this weekend and we'll be blessing Samuel in Gilmer. My niece Brittany is blessing her sweet little Foster and I just kept thinking it would be easier on everyone if we just brought Samuel there to bless him verses making everyone come up here.  His little blessing outfit almost doesn't fit! He's such a cute chubby boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment